Monday, September 21, 2015

Social networking sites have had a positive influence on relationship

 I`d like to discuss the statement “social networking sites have had a positive influence on relationships”. These days, In Japan, most people use smart phones to access social networking sites. By using a smart phone or PC, we can get information or keep touch with friends, family, and even persons whom we don`t know, but it is a fact that there are many troubles on social networking sites.
 It could be argued that we can connect with others whom we don`t know or get the information easily by using social networking sites, for example when I want to know about musicians and concerts, I always check the musicians` Facebook or Twitter accounts. They are updated very quickly, so we can get latest information. Also, we can keep in touch with friends or family by using social networking sites. For example I belong to a swimming circle in my university, and I am a leader of my circle. I must send e-mails to members, but sometimes one of the members can`t open my mail. Therefore we use LINE. On LINE, it is easy to connect with others safely, and most of Japanese university students have their account. We can send messages to each other, so we can hold a small meeting on LINE.
 However there are many troubles on social networking sites. Firstly, there are many malicious slanders on social networking sites. In Japan, we have 2ch which is a kind of Social Networking Site, but there are many malicious slanders and information which is not credible on 2ch because these information is based on someone`s thinking or imagination. For example when I want to know about companies when I go to a job interview, I sometimes check information on 2ch, but there are many slanders for a companies, and I can`t find information which I want to get, and I am very confused. Secondly, social networking sites have addiction. In Japan, most high school students have their smartphone or PC, and half of them use social networking sites for 5 hours or more a day. Lastly, there are many bullies on social networking sites. For example when I was in high school, there was a bully on Twitter. A certain student took a shameful picture for another student and uploaded it to a social networking site. She was very shocked and quit the high school, for cruel example, I know that a student who was slander on social networking sites committed suicide.

 On balance, course we can get information quickly and share own ideas with friends by using social networking sites, but I think that true relationships are able to be realized to talk to each other face to face. These days technology is developing very quickly, and our lives are becoming very convenient, but I sometimes feel very isolated if I don`t have a smart phone or PC. Therefore I don`t think that social networking sites have had a positive influence on relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment