Monday, June 22, 2015

Art Nantawat


Hi!! I’m Nantawat Suksangpleng a 20-year-old. My nickname is Art. I come from Pattaya which is in the middle of Thailand. I have got a big family in the city. I graduated from high school in 2012. I studied at Chulalongkorn University when I was in Thailand.

I have been staying in Dunedin for 5 months to study English because my English skills were very poor. In addition, I’m going to stay here until October and then go back to Thailand. I’ll study medicine next year because I’d love to be a doctor. Hopefully, I’ll be able to work as a surgeon in the rural area to help poor people. 

I enjoy staying here so much. At first, I have got a scholarship from a Thai government and I have chosen New Zealand to study in because I love natural places. There are many reasons why Dunedin is my favourite place in New Zealand. While I’m here, I always try to capture every stunning scene that I have trekked by.  Furthermore, I keep exploring and I have discovered more natural phenomenon in this city than in any other one I have been to!! Not only have I got lots of experiences but also I have improved my English a lot.

Moreover, most of the time, I have to study mathematics, physics, and biology. The fact is that these subjects are very important in my major. However, I don’t take life so seriously. I carve out moment to laugh, play and be goofy by listening to music and hanging out with my friends.

Don’t forget to live….I mean to live!! Showing us that it takes risks to progress in doing what you love. Nice to meet you David and my lovely classmates. I hope that we will be fantastic friends forever.

6 comments:

  1. Your future plan sounds really difficult to come true. But I believe you will be able to get over it! Enjoy rest of your life in Dunedin and study hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy Dunedin's natural environment too. I would recommend walking some of the hiking tracks that can be found in the hills that surround the city. To choose some, check out the book 'Dunedin Tracks & Trails' in the ILC.
    David :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew how hard you have been studying all the time to pass the exam , and i'm sure you will, because you planed for your future carefully and you know exactly what you want to be. It's not easy to study Medicine but you can do it. Fingers crossed :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also I like natural place.
    This is the first time to know about your future plan. You have an extremely woderful dream. I hope for your success Art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love natural place.
    Art, you have a great future plan. May your wish come true.

    ReplyDelete