Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Xiaohang Terry



Hi,
I am Liu Xiaohang from China, and you can call me Terry. I’m 24yrs. I graduated from Inner Mongolia University of Science and Technology in July 2014 and have completed a Bachelor degree of Management majoring in Business Administration.

Studying abroad has always been my dream, especially, in Dunedin, in New Zealand. Therefore, I applied to do a Master of Tourism at the University of Otago, but, I have to complete English language studies before being accepted by an important program. So, I must work hard in this important time of my life.

In terms of my hobbies, reading books is part of my life. it is a necessary friend to me. I prefer reading different kinds of books, such as detective novels, books on environmental matters and books which have positive value. I really believe that books can enrich our outlook and knowledge. They open windows for us to learn about the outside word and something that you want to know.

Beside reading, I also really enjoy swimming so… so….much in the pool, coz, I think that swimming is good and healthy exercise for mental relaxation. After swimming for approximately 40 minutes, I will reach a point where all my troubles and pressure and things that I want to forget seem to disappear. When I stop, physically, I am a little tired, but psychologically I am refreshed.

Recently, I found a satisfactory swimming pool in Dunedin. It is not only cheaper than another pool, but also is very close to the University of Otago. So, there are some people who like swimming as much as me. This is my WeChat and Instagram account : “Nightbleach”. Please, do not hesitate to contact me.

Last but not least, I am really glad to see you David and accommodating classmates.

9 comments:

  1. Your writing is wonderful! From this, I know you have been studying English enthusiastically. I hope you will have a fabulous time in LC:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your commenting that what you said to me. I am on cloud nine. VV

      Delete
  2. Your dream has come true and you are in New Zealand where you always wanted to be, so enjoy every minute and study hard to success. I like that you think reading is your best friend because it is. you seem to be a good person and i would love to get to know you better. Keep dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one more thing, I wanna express that I can not forget your cooking---that pie.
      Gee...Gee...Gee...

      Delete
  3. Interesting post, Terry! I agree whole-heartedly with your comments on the wonder of books. They certainly have the potential to widen our horizons. They can challenge us to change our attitudes to others, for the good. A good book can be transformative! A favourite among the books I have recently read, is 'Orthodoxy" by G K Chesterton. It gave me a fresh sense of the intellectual beauty of Christian doctrine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,Thank you so much. I definitely sure that book have some kind of mystical force. It can brighten up our life.
      In terms of book of Orthodoxy" by G K Chesterton. I have read a few pages of the book,but this book consist of philosophy and religious orthodoxy, it's really esoteric to me, I can't follow it without some simple interpretation.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your response, Terry. 'Orthodoxy' I'd have to admit is hard to understand. Let me think of a book I could recommend to you that might be more accessible, more easily understandable.
      The very best,
      David

      Delete
  4. I'm glad to see you, 哥哥^^ Your story is interesting for me, and your writing is great.
    I'll follow your Instagram account.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Dunedin!! Hopefully, you'll enjoy staying here. :)

    ReplyDelete