Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Kaho Nishimoto

Hi, I’m Kaho and I was born and raised in Osaka, Japan. I’m a third year student studying International Tourism at Hannan University, but I’m learning English at Otago University Language Centre as a study abroad student now. I have been to here for two months. I major in tourism but I’m interested to know more about an international situation, so I’m studying about The World Bank and NGO’s especially.


There are 6 people and 4 dogs in my family. There are my parents, my grandmother, two older sisters, four miniature dachshunds and me. My father and one sister work at schools and my mother and another sister work at a town hall. My dogs sleep almost all day.


In my free time, I enjoy watching movies, listening to music, and walking with my host family. When I was in Japan, I often went shopping with my sisters but Dunedin is smaller than Osaka, so I don’t feel like going shopping. There are not so many stores, but New Zealand’s beautiful nature is wonderful. On Sundays, I go to a beautiful beach or a bush with my host mother and her two dogs. When I go for a walk, I always bring a digital single-lens reflex camera and take pictures. Last year, I stayed in South Korea to study Korean and I often went Naksan Park which is famous for all the street art in its small alleys. I like the place, so when I came to Dunedin, the art made me happy. Dunedin also has wall art everywhere in town. It is painted beautifully. I think it is a must-see in Dunedin.

Korean wall art

Dunedin

Actually, I don’t like studying English, so that’s why I came here. I have to overcome my preconceived idea that I’m poor at English. I can’t speak English fluently now, so please watch over me warmly.




6 comments:

  1. I don't think your English is poor cuz you are a student of UPPER-INTERMEDIATE. So I think you should be confidenct your English. And I'd like to see your pictures of Naksan Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are positive so you have the ability to see the beauty around you . and i think you are a hard working person and just because your shy doesn't mean your English is poor. i'm glad that i met you because you are wonderful. Enjoy your time .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kaho
    I'd like to echo Hono's comment. I'd like to see some of your photos too. Having a gift for photography is a special skill. Being able to capture snapshots of what you see around you enhances your experiences, because it makes them more easily remembered.
    Could you post some of your pictures of Dunedin street art etc on this blog?
    Cheers,
    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting those pictures, Kaho, They're interesting, that's for sure.
      David

      Delete
  4. I still remembered that spoke the first sentence to you that are you a Chinese(你是中国人吗)? What did you say....? Oh, What a shame....to me. haha. I am really thanks for teaching some kind of Japanese. Actually, I wanna know more about Japanese culture and travel to Japan. So, would I call you when I went to Japan to travel ? 妹妹,glad to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I encourage you all the time about your English. I well-known that how you feel in English because I used to don't like it before. Surely, you'll overcome it soon!!

    ReplyDelete