Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Hono Kawamura



Hello everyone, I’m Hono Kawamura. I’m a native of Japan and my hometown is Osaka, which is in the middle part of japan. I’m a 21-year-old and I consider myself optimistic. I live with my family, father, mother, grandmother and one-year-older brother. They are reliable and sociable so I really like them.

I’m a student of a university in Kyoto and my major is English. That’s why I came here to improve my English more. Now I’m a third-year student in my university so after I go back to Japan, I will study English and something more essential things another a year. I have been thinking about my job in the future for a couple years and I think working in hotel is the best job for me so far because that’s the best way to brush up English even if I’m in Japan.

I belong to a club at my university which is called Habitat for Humanity student branch. It’s a one of volunteer organization in the world and its birth place is in Atlanta in USA. Their main work is to build a houses for poor people. That comes from their belief which is “A world where everyone has a decent place to live.” So as a member of this organization, I went to the Philippines last summer for eleven days. There were 13 members including me, and we helped build a big community house. In the Philippines, there is still a big gap between the rich and the poor. I saw it directly with my eyes so it was a terrible shock to me. This experience has got me inspired me to study more. If you want to know more details about Habitat for Humanity, just let me know. I’m happy to share my experiences.


8 comments:

  1. Nice story!! Especially, when you were in Philipines, it's very interesting experience. 😁😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! You should go Philippines if you can afford it:)

      Delete
  2. It'a amazing how you enjoy helping people and giving them a better life, and remember that you made a difference in someone's life forever. I believe you are going to be a successful person because you are passionate about what you do. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks giving me a nice word. Your word cheered me up:) I'll keep being passionate.

      Delete
  3. Hey, Hono, I'm impressed with how you have committed time, money & effort into helping those less fortunate than yourself. Such kindess and graciousness is very dear to God's heart. May you be blessed for your service in the Philippines. You must have got such a sense of achievement and happiness after you saw that community house finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a wonderful word. Yes, this experience was a one of big achievement in my life and also changed my life. If I hadn't had the experience, I wouldn't have studied English hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hono, you have a great experience and a nice future plan.
    How about working at USJ? There are many chance to speak in English or other language. I recommend you, ha ha ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helping people to build their community house. How informed you are!!! It's true University is a place which enriches you to review in succession. I really believe that you are a person who you know what you want and you want it badly enough then, you will find a way to get it. I wish you.

    ReplyDelete