Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Kohtaro Kaba



 Hello everyone!My name is Kohtaro. Please call me “Koh” because Kohtaro is long and hard for foreign people to say. I’m from Japan and I’m 19 years old. I came to upper intermediate this term. So I was in intermediate last term. It has been more than 4 and a half months since I came to Dunedin. I’m going to stay here until August. I live with my host family. I have a few experiences of going overseas, to Brisbane, Australia; Vancouver, Canada and here.

Why have I come to Dunedin? Because Otago University and mine in Gifu are sister schools. Of course I also study English because I’m specializing in English in my University. And Dunedin’s environment is very similar to my home town. It is also country side, there are lots of traditional and cultural buildings and nature. In winter, the temperature becomes very low. These are the reasons.



I have some hobbies. Firstly, I like both watching and playing sports. In particular, I like baseball. I had played baseball for 12 and a half years. I have been supporting the “YOMIURI GIANTS” which is a Japanese professional baseball team since I started to play baseball. I always look forward to singing any team songs when I go to watch a game.


Secondly, I like singing. I often go to Karaoke with my friends. And thirdly, listening to music. Especially, I like Japanese pop and western music. Recently, I often listen to “One Direction” and “West life”.



In my future, I want to be an English teacher or an interpreter. If I can become a teacher, of course I want to teach English and I want to teach baseball too in a club. Then, I want to tell about my experience of studying abroad. If I can become an interpreter, I want to work at my favourite baseball team the GIANTS because when the team wins a game, players who succeed in the game have to answer in an interview. So if the player is a foreigner, an interpreter is definitely needed.

        This is my introduction. Thanks for reading it. I’m going to do my best to learn English and to realize my dream in the future.

8 comments:

  1. You've got nice pictures! They are really helpful to imagine what are you talking about.
    Don't give up your dream:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how adventures person you are, and how you like to travel and experience different cultures. I have to say that i'm impressed about your dream to be an interpreter, and i'm sure you can do it . Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment Nova.
      I have to be able to speak English smoothly more if I really become an interpreter.

      Delete
  3. Koh, I know U like GIANTS, but I sorry I like TIGERS. I also wanna be a teacher. I wish we both are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Koh
    You make insightful comparisons between your hometown & Dunedin. I like towns that have historical buildings of cultural significance and have easy access to the countryside, too. The special thing about Dunedin is that the countryside has been brought into the city via the 'Green Belt' and other reserves. I enjoy walking through the Green Belt on the way to The UOLC and back home again each working day.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  5. As adult you gain more freedoms than you may necessarily be ready for. You have been to different countries all over the word. What a amazing experience it is.
    Then, if possible, I recommended you that to go to Tibet in China. I'm 99% sure that you‘ll like that pure and harmonious landscape.

    ReplyDelete